Knowledge Bank (pre-2019 Guides)
Industry information | Introductory
The following guides have been prepared by industry experts in corporate PPAs and with support from the WWF-Renewable Energy Buyers Forum.
- NSW Guide to Corporate Power Purchase Agreements (October, 2018). Prepared by Energetics and Norton Rose Fulbright, with support from WWF-Renewable Energy Buyers Forum and a financial contribution from the NSW Government.
- Best of Both Worlds: Renewable Energy and Load Flexibility for Australian Business Customers (August 2018) prepared by Institute for Sustainable Futures (University of Technology Sydney) for Flow Power, in partnership with WWF-Australia. This report illustrates the benefits of buying wholesale electricity with demand response and Corporate Renewable PPAs. It includes a study of energy cost savings made by three organisations located in Victoria.
- Green Hedging: A Guide to Structuring Corporate Renewable PPAs prepared by Baker McKenzie in partnership with WWF-Australia, and funded by the NSW Government Department of Environment & Heritage. This guide unpacks the types of Corporate PPAs available in the Australian market and considers both the opportunities these arrangements can offer, as well as the current challenges in bringing them to fruition.
- Helping Business: Pathways to purchase renewable energy prepared by the WWF Renewable Energy Buyers Forum, supported by funding from the City of Sydney.
The following PPA guides have been prepared by our BRC-A Members:
- Corporate Renewable PPAs – The Collaborative Model (November 2018). Prepared by Baker McKenzie and Schneider Electric.
Best Practice Corporate PPA Guide
Maximise the environmental and social impact of your PPA using our guide on Corporate PPA Best Practice.