Buying Power 2022 Webinar 1 | 13th May 2022
Our new Best Practice Guide for PPAs, developed together with industry, to helps you and your organisation to know what to aim for when buying renewables.
Corporate renewable Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) have become an important part of Australia’s clean energy transition. But the nexus between energy buyer size, and corporate goals and objectives means that different contracts deliver varying degrees of impact.
This roundtable presented the key principles to consider when aiming for the most impactful PPA. We describe how these principles can be applied in an initial self-scoring system for use by buyers and sellers to assess PPA best practice to achieve corporate sustainability objectives.
Our panel of experts:
- Ben Maddox, Principal Sustainability Officer, Maitland City Council
- Andrew Wilson, Director – Energy and Renewables, KPMG
- Anita Stadler, Head of Renewable Energy Investments, Energetics
- Michael Ferguson, Senior Energy Specilaist, Newcrest Mining
- Jonathan Prendergast, Technical Director, BRC-A
- Jackie McKeon, Program Director, BRC-A (Moderator)