Renewable Electricity Procurement in Central West Orana
BRC-A and EnergyCo are partnering to deliver in-person and online workshops on the role that Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) can play in enabling organisations to benefit from renewables in the Central West Orana Renewable Energy Zone (REZ).
Our second session is taking place online and will leave Energy Buyers with a greater understanding of the options and how they affect your procurement, finance, legal and management processes.
PPAs allow businesses and councils to partner with renewable energy generation projects, such as solar or wind farms, to purchase electricity for an agreed price and term. In this way, PPAs enable local businesses and councils to invest and share in the benefits of renewable energy generation.
If you’re a proactive leader and keen to learn from experts, come along to this workshop hosted by the Business Renewables Centre Australia.
This workshop suitable for medium to large businesses buying over 2 GWh of electricity per year. If you typically spend $200,000 or more a year on electricity, it’s ideal for you.
In this 2-hour workshop, you’ll learn:
- How a PPA works, what options are available to your organisation.
- How other organisations have procured a PPA. Hear from regional companies and councils that have executed PPAs, including the Central NSW Joint Organisation of Councils.
- Community benefits, best practice and group buying.
- The essentials of building a business case, common challenges and how to manage them.
- How to access more support.
When and where?
The next workshop will be held:
- Date & time: TBA, August 2023.
- Location: TBA.
You don’t need any prior knowledge to attend. However, to get the most out of it it’s best you:
- Understand your company’s annual electricity use.
- Consider your company’s main goals for procuring renewable electricity. For example, managing electricity bill fluctuations or reducing carbon emissions.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for energy buyers in corporate, government and other organisations:
- Energy procurement managers.
- Sustainability managers.
- Marketing and Communications managers.
- Accounts and Finance managers.
- Contracts / Legal managers.
- CFOs, CEOs and Managing Directors.
You’ll leave the session with a great understanding of your options and how they affect your procurement, finance, legal and management processes. If you’re considering purchasing renewable electricity through a PPA, we recommend you attend this session.
For more information about this or other workshops in this series, reach out to Alex Nassar on email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you and answering your questions.
This series is presented by Business renewable Centre Australia in partnership with EnergyCo.