CLOSING DATE AND TIME:
- RFI’s close at 2.00pm AEST on Friday, 7 May 2021 and submissions must be received in full prior to this time.
ABOUT THE REQUEST FOR INFORMATION:
- Now, Lake Macquarie City Council are proud to have joined together with Central Coast, Upper Hunter, Maitland, Cessnock, Muswellbrook, Mid-Coast Councils along with Hunter Water to request information from electricity retailers and project developers with capacity to supply renewable electricity to the group which collectively consumes about 200GWh of electricity each year.
- There’s no restriction on the type of renewable generation technology to be sourced, ideally we’d like to see a portfolio of new projects in regional NSW, including projects in the Hunter and/or Central Coast regions and surrounding Renewable Energy Zones.
- We are particularly excited to hear directly from Project Developers in the regions mentioned as well as Electricity Retailers that can act as energy partners. Retailer arrangements may incorporate behind-the-meter assets include electricity generation, smart electric vehicle charging and demand response e.g. battery or virtual power plant, within their portfolio.
- The RFI process is the first phase of this initiative, those participants that find the results of the RFI present them with options that suit their needs, will then move into a formal tender process later this year. Ultimately, the final tender will determine a retailer partner that can provide each participating organisation with an individual renewable energy purchase agreement.
- RFI documents may be obtained by registering on the e-tendering portal here.
- RFI enquiries should be directed to, the Contact Officer via the online forum. Completed responses can be submitted via the electronic submission box on Tenderlink.