BRC-Australia Past Events
- Buying Power Webinar 5: MREP II and the Power of Coming Together, 26 Aug 2020. Recording and slides.
- Developers Bootcamp, Wednesday 19 August. Thank you to our esteemed presenters and the many renewable energy project developers that joined our 3-hour session to learn about the corporate buyer’s perspective on renewable procurement, an evidence-based recipe for RFP success and recent and emerging trends in the Australian PPA market.
- BRC-A Buyers Bootcamp 2: 4-5 September 2019, Melbourne. For a glimpse into what this Bootcamp involved, see the video below.
- BRC-A Developers mini-Bootcamp: 16 May 2019, Brisbane
- BRC-A Buyers Bootcamp PPA Training: 14-15 May 2019, Sydney. For a glimpse into what this Bootcamp involved, see the video below.
BRC-A Buyers Bootcamp in Sydney, 13-14 June 2019
Prospective buyers engaged in Bootcamp sessions
“I learnt some new things from the other faculty members and our involvement helps us deliver on our vision of a city powered by renewables, so thanks for the opportunity to participate” – John Griffiths, City of Melbourne
- Queensland Launch Event. Thanks to Trade and Investment Queensland, the BRC-A launched in Brisbane on Monday 25th November 2019, hosted by our Founding Buyer Member Suncorp. Download the slides here!
- All-Energy 2019: 23-24 Oct 2019, Melbourne. The BRC-A hosted a session on PPA case studies, and discussed newly-launched resources and the BRC-A’s State of the Market Report at the All-Energy conference in Melbourne. Download the slide pack!
- Australian Clean Energy Summit 2019: BRC-A Breakfast and PPA session: 30-31 Jul 2019, Sydney: the BRC-A hosted two free sessions at the Clean Energy Council‘s peak annual event;
- Day 1 Breakfast session featured in-depth interviews with three of Australia’s leading large energy buyers: Woolworths, Westpac and Sydney Opera House and their advisers.
- Day 2 PPA Program session involved deep dives into PPAs focusing on engaging with large energy users, improve RFP chances of success and PPA case studies from Nectar Farms, Orora and the Eastern Alliance for Greenhouse Action.
- Renewable Cities Australia: 14 Jun 2019, ICC Sydney. We hosted our first semi-annual whole-of-industry event which featured the corporate and council Net-Zero trend and included sessions on RE100, PPA structures and deal negotiation with industry experts. Presenters and panelists included the Right Honourable the Lord Mayor of Sydney Clover Moore, Bridgette Carter (BlueScope), Kirk Lawrence (Schneider Electric), Jon Dee (RE100), Ceri Binding (Westpac) and Dr Kate Ringvall (IKEA). Slides are now available.
Renewable Cities Australia in Sydney, 14 July 2019
- Australia Launch Event: 5 Dec 2018, Melbourne
- BRC Australia Launch Event: Nov 2018, Sydney
Sessions from Renewable Cities Australia in Sydney, 14 Jul 2019
- Developer Case Studies for Corporate Buyers: 30 Apr 2019. Watch the recording here.
- BRC-A presents to Cities Power Partnership Councils: 11 Apr 2019. Presentations slides and recording available.
- Smart Energy Council PPA Webinar: 6 Mar 2020. Recording to be made available shortly.
- Councils PPA Webinar: 13 Feb 2020. We held a webinar for Councils looking to procure renewable energy through PPAs. Recording (85MB) and slides.
- Buying Power Webinar 1: Appetite for renewable PPAs – experts share their marketplace views, 8 Apr 2020. Recording and slides.
- Buying Power Webinar 2: Understanding Retail PPAs, 14 May 2020. Recording and slides.
- BRC-A contributed to the Clean Energy Council’s Large-scale Solar Forum 2020 Webinar Series (What Buyers Want, 4 Jun 2020).
- Buying Power Webinar 3: Environmental Claims, 100% Renewable and PPAs, 10 Jun 2020. Recording and slides.
- Buying Power Webinar 4: Social Licence Guide Launch, 24 Jun 2020. Recording and slides.
Webinars will run approximately every 1-2 months, and address a variety of PPA topics. More webinars to come… if you have a topic suggestion, please get in touch!