Join BRC-Australia at the events listed below. Our events are open to both members and non-members.
Australian Clean Energy Summit 2019: BRC-A Breakfast and PPA session: 30-31 Jul 2019, Sydney
BRC-A will host two free sessions at the Clean Energy Council‘s peak annual event, the Australian Clean Energy Summit:
- Day 1 Breakfast session. In-depth interviews with two of Australia’s leading large energy buyers: Woolworths and Sydney Opera House and their advisers.
- Day 2 PPA Program session. This 4-hour deep dive into PPAs will focus on how to engage with large energy users and improve your success in the RFP process.
Hear from experienced corporate buyers and experts from Woolworths, Sydney Opera House, Orora Ltd, Nectar Farms, Macquarie Capital, Ashurst, Eastern Alliance for Greenhouse Action (Vic Councils) and Octopus Investments.
See the full event Agenda.
BRC-A Buyers Bootcamp PPA Training: 3-4 Sep 2019, Melbourne
Buyers! Following the success of our first Buyers Bootcamp in Sydney, we will be holding a second Buyers ‘Bootcamp’ training session in Melbourne. The two-day Bootcamp will involve scenario-based learning with key Australian companies that have executed/are in the process of executing PPAs. Learn from those with in-depth knowledge and ask all those questions you haven’t yet asked! Note this is a buyers-only session. Registrations opening soon.
- BRC-A Developers mini-Bootcamp: 16 May 2019, Brisbane
- BRC-A Buyers Bootcamp PPA Training: 14-15 May 2019, Sydney. For a glimpse into what this Bootcamp involved, see the video below.
BRC-A Buyers Bootcamp in Sydney, 13-14 June 2019
Prospective buyers engaged in Bootcamp sessions
“I learnt some new things from the other faculty members and our involvement helps us deliver on our vision of a city powered by renewables, so thanks for the opportunity to participate” – John Griffiths, City of Melbourne
Australian Clean Energy Summit: BRC-A Breakfast and PPA session: 30-31 Jul 2019, Sydney
The BRC-A will host two free sessions: a PPA panel discussion over breakfast at Day 1 and a 4-hour deep dive into PPAs on Day 2 of the Australian Clean Energy Summit. Register now!
BRC-A PPA session at All-Energy: 23-24 Oct 2019, Melbourne
The BRC-A will deliver a presentation on PPAs at the All-Energy conference in Melbourne. Session details to come soon. Register now!
Past Industry Events
- Renewable Cities Australia: 14 Jun 2019, ICC Sydney. We hosted our first semi-annual whole-of-industry event which featured the corporate and council Net-Zero trend and included sessions on RE100, PPA structures and deal negotiation with industry experts. Presenters and panelists included the Right Honourable the Lord Mayor of Sydney Clover Moore, Bridgette Carter (BlueScope), Kirk Lawrence (Schneider Electric), Jon Dee (RE100), Ceri Binding (Westpac) and Dr Kate Ringvall (IKEA). Slides are now available.
Renewable Cities Australia in Sydney, 14 July 2019
- Australia Launch Event: 5 Dec 2018, Melbourne
- BRC Australia Launch Event: Nov 2018, Sydney
Sessions from Renewable Cities Australia in Sydney, 14 Jul 2019
PPAs and Green Firming: Jul 2019
Tune in to learn more about contracting options that align wholesale generation with your load to enable an efficient, cost-effective PPA. Registration opening soon.
- Developer Case Studies for Corporate Buyers: 30 Apr 2019. See recording here.
- BRC-A presents to Cities Power Partnership Councils: 11 Apr 2019. Presentations slides and recording available.
Webinars will run approximately every 1-2 months, and address a variety of PPA topics. More webinars to come… if you have a topic suggestion, please get in touch!