Join BRC-Australia at the events listed below. Our events are open to both members and non-members.
BRC-A Buyers Bootcamp PPA Training: 4-5 Sep 2019, Melbourne
Buyers! Following the success of our first Buyers Bootcamp in Sydney, we will be holding a second Buyers ‘Bootcamp’ training session in Melbourne. The two-day Bootcamp will involve scenario-based learning with key Australian companies that have executed/are in the process of executing PPAs. Learn from those with in-depth knowledge and ask all those questions you haven’t yet asked! Note this is a buyers-only session. Register now!
- BRC-A Developers mini-Bootcamp: 16 May 2019, Brisbane
- BRC-A Buyers Bootcamp PPA Training: 14-15 May 2019, Sydney. For a glimpse into what this Bootcamp involved, see the video below.
BRC-A Buyers Bootcamp in Sydney, 13-14 June 2019
Prospective buyers engaged in Bootcamp sessions
“I learnt some new things from the other faculty members and our involvement helps us deliver on our vision of a city powered by renewables, so thanks for the opportunity to participate” – John Griffiths, City of Melbourne
BRC-A PPA session at All-Energy: 23-24 Oct 2019, Melbourne
The BRC-A will deliver a presentation on PPAs at the All-Energy conference in Melbourne. Session details to come soon. Register now!
Past Industry Events
- Australian Clean Energy Summit 2019: BRC-A Breakfast and PPA session: 30-31 Jul 2019, Sydney: the BRC-A hosted two free sessions at the Clean Energy Council‘s peak annual event;
- Day 1 Breakfast session featured in-depth interviews with three of Australia’s leading large energy buyers: Woolworths, Westpac and Sydney Opera House and their advisers.
- Day 2 PPA Program session involved deep dives into PPAs focusing on engaging with large energy users, improve RFP chances of success and PPA case studies from Nectar Farms, Orora and the Eastern Alliance for Greenhouse Action.
- Renewable Cities Australia: 14 Jun 2019, ICC Sydney. We hosted our first semi-annual whole-of-industry event which featured the corporate and council Net-Zero trend and included sessions on RE100, PPA structures and deal negotiation with industry experts. Presenters and panelists included the Right Honourable the Lord Mayor of Sydney Clover Moore, Bridgette Carter (BlueScope), Kirk Lawrence (Schneider Electric), Jon Dee (RE100), Ceri Binding (Westpac) and Dr Kate Ringvall (IKEA). Slides are now available.
Renewable Cities Australia in Sydney, 14 July 2019
- Australia Launch Event: 5 Dec 2018, Melbourne
- BRC Australia Launch Event: Nov 2018, Sydney
Sessions from Renewable Cities Australia in Sydney, 14 Jul 2019
PPAs and Green Firming: Aug 2019
Tune in to learn more about contracting options that align wholesale generation with your load to enable an efficient, cost-effective PPA. Registration opening soon.
- Developer Case Studies for Corporate Buyers: 30 Apr 2019. See recording here.
- BRC-A presents to Cities Power Partnership Councils: 11 Apr 2019. Presentations slides and recording available.
Webinars will run approximately every 1-2 months, and address a variety of PPA topics. More webinars to come… if you have a topic suggestion, please get in touch!